Hi-Tek Manufacturing, Inc., leader in the production of aviation and power generation hot gas path turbine engine components, have just completed the purchase and installation of a new CNC 5-Axis Niigata Horizontal Trunnion horizontal milling machine. The milling center, Model HN63E-5X, supplied by SNK America, Inc. of Mt. Prospect, IL., compliments existing Niigata HMC’s installed just three years ago. This new advanced machine was on display at the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago and purchased directly from the floor.
The heavy duty machine has been specifically designed for machining difficult materials such as high nickel alloy HGP turbine engine components. The machine features a boxed guideway rigid structured machine with 900nm of torque at 6,000 rpm, designed specifically for hardened metals. The machine boasts the following features/benefits:
- A tilting table trunnion design with full 5-axis contouring capability for complex parts with extended reach to machine intricate five-face, multi-faceted components.
- Single work set-up which increases productivity while maintaining geometries for optimum accuracy.
- Rugged design and construction with heavy duty 5-axis trunnion table supported by high load type roller bearings, solid boxway construction with massive thick-walled, heavily ribbed frames.
- Rigid horizontal spindle configuration – standard 35 HP, 6,000 rpm
- Standard 62 tool capacity (expandable to 128 tools for growth) and pallet changer
- Simultaneous 5-axis contouring with Niigata Advanced Controller
- Pallet size is 24.8” x 24.8” to support a maximum workpiece size of 37.4” x 31.5” and a permissible mass of up to 2,200 lbs.
The new horizontal machining center shipped directly from the IMTS show to Hi-Tek in Mason, Ohio. “The SNK America, Inc. installation team has been outstanding,” said Rich Hawk, Hi-Tek Maintenance Supervisor. He went on to add that “the attention to detail and installation was flawless with excellent training of the Hi-Tek maintenance staff.”
Hi-Tek Manufacturing, Inc. has been serving the aviation and land based power generation OEM marketplace for over 36 years and is located in Mason, Ohio.